Once again I had an epiphany: open the doors to let others inside. Inside the contents of Life Inside and Out and my profile on Quora, which is where that link takes someone.
My hope is to open the doors for anyone experienced with the criminal justice to submit content for publication, or to just comment or otherwise participate. The goal is to facilitate positive change through knowledge about what goes on inside prisons. Though American prisons are the primary focus, anyone from any country may respond or send in submissions. Click here to send email.
Please spread the word to anyone on the Outside who has been to prison, or is still serving time in prison, jail, or any other form of confinement, to consider participating. With online access, anyone may respond to questions. Thank you!
If interested in submitting content for Life Inside and Out on Quora.com, email me what you have in mind, or let me know if you want to participate.
NO PAYMENTS for submissions. Sending any content to WTD4U.com through Corrlinks.com to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or any other messaging or mailing system, authorizes the owner, moderator, or administer to publicly post the content on the stated platforms, including Quora.com, Life Inside and Out, and or https://straightfromthepen.com, without expectation of payment.
All submissions will be attributed to the writer who submits the content, unless otherwise stated. Only submit your material!
Any submission should include the identifying data you want publicly displayed, such as your name, institution, state, or anonymous ( e.g., Wayne D., Atlanta, GA; WTD, Atlanta, GA; Anonymous, United States Federal Bureau of Prison, or any other way you want attributed).
The decision to publish submissions for publication will be at the sole discretion of the owner/administrator, or other delegated personnel at WonderfulThingsDone, dba, WTD4U.com and StraightfromthePen.com.
By submitting content for “possible” publication, you agree to allow the administrator at WTD4u.com/StraightfromthePen.com to edit the submission, if determined necessary by the administrator.
INFORMATION ABOUT QUORA.COM and Life Inside and Out.
Why Quora exists
Quora’s mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge. Not all knowledge can be written down, but much of that which can be, still isn’t. It remains in people’s heads or only accessible if you know the right people. We want to connect the people who have knowledge to the people who need it, to bring together people with different perspectives so they can understand each other better, and to empower everyone to share their knowledge for the benefit of the rest of the world.
Gather around a question
The heart of Quora is questions — questions that affect the world, questions that explain recent world events, questions that guide important life decisions, and questions that provide insights into why other people think differently. Quora is a place where you can ask questions that matter to you and get answers from people who have been there and done that. Quora is where scientists, artists, entrepreneurs, mechanics, and homemakers take refuge from misinformation and incendiary arguments to share what they know.
Quora now has Spaces, which is essentially a blogging platform for those approved. I am the administrator for the Space, “Life Inside and Out.”
Life Inside and Out: Truthful Answers About Prison Life and Life After Release
Details: Life Inside and Out publishes content about life from inside prisons and about Life After Release.
These are actual Questions on Quora.com you may want to submit an answer to for potential publication.
- I’d love to hear different opinions on this: Should prisons be replaced by psychiatric facilities? (If not, do you think prisons should have better amenities/conditions and what kind)? All opinions are welcome, especially if they’re elaborate.
- What does it mean that there is no parole in the US federal prison system? Does it mean there is no chance of getting out early? (I’m the victim in this case.)
- Why do we refer to a prison as a rehabilitation center, when most prisoners come out worse than they were?
- Can you remember the first night you spent in jail or prison? What was the thing that kept you up? Do you remember that fateful day?
- Question: Is it harder to do time in general population or Solitary confinement? What’s your personal experience? Since confinement is detrimental for the health which is it still being practice today?
- What are the vital lessons one can learn in prison?
- What happens if you don’t follow the rules in prison?
- Have you ever felt like doing something so bad that you don’t care if it would land you in jail?
After reading all the above, feel free to submit questions you may want posted to see if anyone will answer, or your answer to any of the above questions. Thank you! wtd